RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Secondhand holiday home, Brighouse bay Kirkcudbrightshire

Customer Question

secondhand holiday home
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Brighouse bay Kirkcudbrightshire scotland
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have spoken to consumer advice already who in turn sent me a letter to forward on to the party concerened which i have done with no effect and no reply case number ***** since then i have sent a letter stating that if all repairs have not been carried out by 14 days that i would get a third party to carry out all the necessary and i would sent the account to them.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I did get a reply regarding the wall repair and was told that the wall was damaged when i bought the holiday home
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

Could you confirm the amount you want to claim from the other party please.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I don’t want to claim anything I want them to fix the problem
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

OK, thanks. It would be specific implement (i.e. a court order to force them to repair) though I have not done one of those myself (only damages claims). I will need to opt out to let another expert guide you on that.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 5 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist ifi in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 5 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** can show they are liable for the repairs and you have paid to have these done, you can intimate a small claims action to recover you costs.  

Prior to intimating small claim proceedings, you will require to send a letter to the respondent. It is a simple letter stating that if they do remedy the matter as you have outlined (in the same letter), you will take legal action against them. This is referred to as a. pre-action protocol letter. You can complete the forms for a claims action easily online. You will have to highlight what the issues are and tell them how much you are claiming for, to be honest the first are straight forward and self-explanatory. If you feel you can do this yourself then you don’t really need to hire a solicitor, but I will provide details for you in case you feel you want to. You will then receive a response to the claim and a court date. On the day (unless they offer a settlement) you will appear at the local court and basically provide your evidence and give you claim to the judge, and they will response. The judge will assess the merits of the claim and defence and make a judgement this should be relatively easy for you to prove so the respondent may well offer a settlement in the meantime.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

https://www.lawsoc-ni.org/solicitors (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.