Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Neighbour dispute with incorrect disposal of rubbish, This

Customer Question

Neighbour dispute with incorrect disposal of rubbish
JA: Where is the neighbor? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: This is at Copleston Rd,London,SE15
JA: What steps has the neighbor taken so far?
Customer: neighbour is not open to mediation and still incorrect dumps rubbish in the wrong bins or on the communal path
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the person is a son to the tenant that causing the nuisance
Expert:  Stuart J replied 15 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.
I have been in the legal profession, in high street practice, for 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.
Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 15 days ago.

Is this person in rented premises?

and why is he so difficult?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
This person is in a rented premises and our relationship has broken down due to malicious allegations ,stealing my parcels, police have cautioned both of us but no conviction, the landlord stated that they can only facilitate mediation however this option is not going to resolve the matters
Expert:  Stuart J replied 15 days ago.

What exactly is the problem? What do you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No call please
Expert:  Stuart J replied 15 days ago.

You have probably seen a pop-up offering you the chance of a telephone call at an extra cost. It is up to you whether you have a telephone call or not but do bear in mind that a 15-30 minute telephone call covers an awful lot of ground and you can get an awful lot of information in that time. So you can ignore it or go ahead or go ahead later. It’s your choice.

Meanwhile, we can carry on on here.

What exactly is the problem?

What do you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I hope to find out wether there is a legal remedy or any legal parameters I can take against my neighbour or landlord
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The problem is the ongoing deliberate ASB of dumping rubbish in the wrong bins or on the ground attracting vermin and causing a mess in the shared facilities
Expert:  Stuart J replied 15 days ago.

The dumping of the rubbish around the place is a matter for the Environmental Health Department of the local authority and the Planning Department who can issue a section 215 cleanup notice.

Putting the rubbish in the wrong bin is something for the environmental health Department at the local authority if it’s recycling which shouldn’t be in that bin or if they are putting in your bin, is trespass.

You can apply to court for an injunction to stop them doing it although it depends if you want to go that far.

You can complain to the housing department if this property is rented from the local authority about the antisocial behaviour of the occupiers.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 15 days ago.

It's my pleasure to help. I’m glad that I was able to help so far. Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem. Can I help you any further with this? I'm happy to clarify anything which is outstanding. Please don't hesitate to ask. Kind regards Stuart

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 15 days ago.

It was my pleasure to help.

If you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months.

I’m glad that I was able to help.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

By the way, if you would like to ask me a new question in the future, (not just clarification on this thread, then please just type @ (the at sign) followed by my name and you’ll be able to select my username to tag me in the question.

If you like, you can also put “For Stuart J only” in the question thread and then the other experts will know that it’s for me.

You can also tag me as one of your favourite experts.

Kind regards.

Stuart