james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I am about to buy a property with my fiancé. I have put in

Hello, I am about to buy a property with my fiancé. I have put in 100% of the deposit money, while she has put nothing in. As both of our names on the mortgage and I solely pay the mortgage, while she pays utility bills. If we ever, for what ever get a divorce, what legal document could be used to protect my asset and stop her claiming the whole property? Thanks
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what location this is in?
Customer: London (UK)
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

A Deed of Trust will ensure that your share of the deposit, and any other payments you make towards your property, will be protected no matter what happens.

You and your partner may pay different amounts towards your property, whether that's for the deposit, the mortgage repayments or maintenance costs.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Your conveyancing solicitor could easily draft that document for you.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.