Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Can a tenant give permission to an immediate neighbour to

Can a tenant give permission to an immediate neighbour to use part of the tenant's land for off-loding and temporary storage of goods and materials that are for exclusive use of the neighbour
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: worthing sussex
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no,
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: it involves a planning application submitted by the neighbour, who vey limited access to his back garden where they wish to erect a factory made single storey annexe. The tenant has good access onto his land and plenty of space for lorry/crane to park and off-load
Hello there, how do you do? I am Solicitor4All, a law Expert with over 15 years in practice. It is my pleasure to assist you today. Thank you for the inquiry
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
In addition to what I wrote, we live in a small village with a very narrow road that has just one entry/exit. It would be impossible for the neighbour to offload the sections of wall, floor and roof panels onto his land which is no more than 6 feet from the house to the roadway and perhaps the same at one side only of his house, the other side directly abuts the tenant's land.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I don't want a phone call, but would appreciate you answering my query using the current system
We can chat here and I will issue a response here. Thank you for your brief.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
When might expect your reply please?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
When might l expect your reply please?

Thank you for your continued patience. I am on your enquiry now so you should get my guidance shortly.

Thank you for your patience. Although it is not illegal it would not be recommended for the tenant to deal with anything involving boundaries and access because in case of any damage the landlord will look to the tenant if they were not approached to give their own consent. Sometimes that temporary storage may have implications for the landlord's insurance in the event someone was to break in and steal whatever is stored on the property. So really best practice is to tell landlord.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to review your question. We are always glad to assist and to clarify anything for you. Do not hesitate to return and request @Solicitor4All to enable me to see your question without delay.