How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 11569
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I did contact you on the 11 may. Regarding my property in

This answer was rated:

hello pearl. my name is ***** ***** did contact you on the 11 may. Regarding my property in dulwich in London. I have motor neurological disease where by I use my eyes to operate the computer which sometimes I can't target and I loose the page.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I have a property in eltham south East of London. I gave the property to an agency. But they have not been very good. I have asked them to give me back the flat also the tenants are not clean and disturbing the neighbours. the agent have told me that they have given the tenants eviction notice but I asked for the copy. But they told me that for the data protection they can't give me. So I don't know whether they have given the notice to the tenants. I would appreciate your advice. Thanks. My name is dip.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The agency is not doing anything. And I haven't taken any step so far. how can I proceed.
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: my wife's has talked to the tenants and she said she wants to go from there. The agency gets payments through the Greenwich council. They give us the rent. Obviously the agency getting higher rent then they give us.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
sorry pearl has the lawyer answered my questions. My name is dip

The agency can give you the notice of eviction it is not a breach of data protection to give the landlord an eviction notice regarding a tenancy in their own property. Indeed, your agent has no right to refuse to provide that if they have it because they are your agent i.e. acting for and on behalf of you and therefore, their acts are construed as your acts, their knowledge is your knowledge. As such they only hold that notice as a representative of you. You should follow up with the agents about that. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thanks you very much answering my question. you have been very helpful. Dip.

Happy to help take care

Jeremy Aldermartin and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you