james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

When submitting bank statements for legal aid what would

When submitting bank statements for legal aid what would example dates be for 3 months of bank statements? Would it be 11th March to 12th May? Or is it more days, can you give me an example as I'm unsure what 3 months is exactly when it comes to exact dates, thank youAnd also, do you know if I had a backpayment from dwp pip as they made an error, does this count towards capital/savings?And also does legal aid cover the costs of a medicolegal report... thank you
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

When submitting back statements for legal aid, you would submit complete mother statements for example Feb, March , April.

Any cash amounts that you have in the bank is capital, irrelevant of the course of the money.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok so for example 15th of February to 15th May?

Legal aid would cover legal representation. Is expert reports are required then usually prior authority application would need to be made.

Yes you can date them that way, but the safest way to sort them would be the whole month as per a bank sending out a statement

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you what does Prior authority application mean?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you why is that the safest way please?

As it sounds, if a expert report is required the the lawyer would need to make an application for prior funding to cover the cost of the report before requesting the report.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is The money from pip taken into account when working out how much your monthly income is

If your monthly income, excluding PIP or DLA is above £2657 you will not be eligible for legal aid.

Therefore pip is not included in the calculation fr legal aid.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks but you said the pip backpayment is classed as savings? Is that correct?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
also how much would you have to pay for legal aid if you have over 3000 but under 8000 thanks

monthly pip payments is not classed as monthly income.

But if you have saving in the bank that is capital not income.

You would need to as the exact calculation figures to your ;legal aid form. I dont have access to that

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is it done by percentage please?

Sorry as explained I dont have that information.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Also if my landlady delivered to me a section 21 by hand and it was dated the 8th but she gave it to me on the 10th is it valid?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you very much

Yes it is valid. It would be no different had it be sent in the post.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok even if the eviction date was the 8th of May and it was delivered on the 8th March?

Yes that is two months notice.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry delivered on the 10th March?

Then no it would to be complete monthly notice, But I cannot answer that as part of this question, Your question above was regarding legal aid funds and expert reports and DWP payments, you are now talking of landlord and tenant advice,

Yes you can ask but it is a different area of paw you need to ask that as a new question.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thank you

your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Just another quick question as I want to make sure I get everything correct, when applying for legal aid do all things like food shopping, bills and expenses such as treatments for health conditions get taken into account? It seems really confusing for example the backpayment I had I'm using to get treatment for my health conditions... not sure if that is taken into account or not? Thanks

is it civil or criminal legal aid

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Civil

what form are you completing.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I receive universal credit and pip, its the financial assessment form

tThere are different forms for the assessment which are you using and for what area of law.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Civil means 2 and its for housing
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
also do you do freelance work? How much would it cost to hire you, is it per hour? Thanks

I dont see any section on that form asking about outgoings such as 

food shopping, bills and expenses such as treatments for health conditions

They seem to care more about income and assets owned.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I don't own a property but the backpayment I was awarded by pip because they made a mistake, I'm using that to pay for treatments... do they just take into account the monies you have in your bank at the time of application? Or will they deduct anything, in other words what you have in your account at the time of application do they see that as capital? Thanks

Yes correct they will see what you put on there at the time of the application.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** got really confusing as some solicitors had said the backpayment wouldn't be classed as savings and some said it would but now I believe you have given me the exact correct information hopefully that resolves it... thank you

Your welcome good luck

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** do freelance work and If so how much are your fees? Thank you

Yes I do freelance work, all experts here are independent.

Unfortunately I would not be available to instruct

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thank you kindly for letting me know

your welcome.