Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I've been living on a piece of land for over 10 years, do I

Hi. I've been living on a piece of land for over 10 years, do I have any rights to live there permanently now?
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Suffolk
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I pay council tax
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

1. May I confirm if the land in question is registered at the land registry please?
  2. have you erected any boundary structures of any kind or any other boundary markers to indicate the extent off your claimed property?
  3. Would you be able to prove that you have lived on the land for 10 years?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi. I'm pretty sure the land is registered.
I have a boundary fence around the land.
What's the best way of proving you have lived there for 10 years?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When would be a good time to talk on the phone?

I am sorry I missed your request for a phone call which I note was picked up by one of my colleagues with whom I now I trust you have had a productive conversation and discuss the above matter in detail. To the extent you have any follow-up questions or any issues that were not fully addressed on the phone, please revert to me and I will be happy to assist further.