How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4086
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I am a US citizen with the right to stay in the UK for 6

Customer Question

I am a US citizen with the right to stay in the UK for 6 months on a tourist visa. Would I be able to rent an apartment for 6 months while visiting?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 19 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink- or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 19 days ago.

Hi there,

US nationals do not need a visa to enter the UK and stay for a period of 6 months as a visitor.

and any visitor from no visa countries who is not a visa holder is automatically granted leave to enter the UK for a maximum period of six months and has the Right to Rent a property for the duration of their lawful stay.

So, you have the right to rent for the period of 6 months in the UK .

Expert:  Vineet S replied 19 days ago.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 19 days ago.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.