Inderdeep
Inderdeep,
Experience:  Expert
113018724

What is involved in leasing a commercial property, how much

Customer Question

Hi what is involved in leasing a commercial property, how much should be paid in advance
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 19 days ago.
Thank you for using just answer i will be assisting you today.
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 19 days ago.

Please note:-

• My replies are always in writing.

• I may not respond straight away if i am away from my desk but will respond as soon as i am able to so please be patient.

• Pop up requests are generated by the website.
  • If you accept then an available expert will take your call and you will be charged extra.
  • If you accidentally select a call you will need to contact customer services - tel: 0808(###) ###-####/a>

www.citizensadvice.org.uk

solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk;

www.barcouncil.org.uk

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can so please bear with me.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 19 days ago.

Are you the landlord or tenant? Is this a brand new lease or existing one?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Tenant and new lease
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 19 days ago.
Generally its always advisable to ensure you sit with the landlord and agree heads of terms for the business lease, including the annual rent, frequency of rent reviews, term, if there is option to extend, rent deposits etc.

The landlord will instruct a solicitor to prepare the lease. Most commercial leases have the same template and can be lengthy so you should instruct a solicitor. You will also be liable for the landlord costs. As most leases are fully insured and repair leases you should undertake substantial investigation on the property before committing to this as you will be liable so a survey is advisable.

Are there any particular questions you have or are you wanting a solicitor to act as that i can only offer general legal advice on this site.