MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Can a landlord run a daytime home office in the tennants

Customer Question

Can a landlord run a daytime home office in the tennants spare room?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: Bury, Lancs
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean-sorry?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
dont think so?

Generally, no, the landlord may own the property, but that doesn't give him or her carte blanche to come and go in your place. A landlord can enter the property in an emergency without notice or permission. For example, if a burst pipe in your apartment is leaking into the unit downstairs, your landlord may enter or send someone from the maintenance crew to enter your home if you’re not there.

Even if your landlord gives you notice, he or she must have a good reason to enter the property. In most cases, your landlord can enter your home:

• In an emergency
  • To make repairs
  • To show the property to prospective tenants if you’re ending your lease
  • To inspect for safety issues or to ensure the property meets building safety codes

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
If the tennant agrees, can the landlord set up a part time home office in a spare room?

Yes of course.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks for your help-I have no more questions

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future if you have further enquiries.