AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

Stuart - we were corresponding a few weeks ago reference a

Customer Question

Stuart - we were corresponding a few weeks ago reference a neighbour who refuses to keep the ivy under control. How do I / we go about sending a letter to the neighbour regarding there damaging ivy growth both in the front of the house and the rear?
Best regards,
Tessa
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Would you like a template letter to send to your neighbor regarding the overgrown ivy?

I can provide you with a letter you can use as guidance to your own letter to your neighbor to raise the issue and expressing your feelings  to try and resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No, but the grade 1 building I own is being seriously damaged by his total inability to control it front and rear of the terrace row. The plant grows up from his basement and every year, it costs a lot of money to remove. As the building is 5 storeys, I need to hire a cherry picker. I have written to him previously but no reply. I would like a strong letter asking him to remove it within 30 days, or I will send a contractor to do it please.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I do not want to express my feelings, I have done that. The building is being damaged and he is responsible for removal.

You may use this letter:

[Your name and address]

[neighbour's name]

[Address

[Date]

Dear [neighbour"]

Re: Demand to remove overgrown ivy

I am writing regarding the ongoing dispute over the overgrown ivy that is damaging both the front and rear of the building.

I have tried to approach you in person on this subject and by a letter, I have previously sent which you have disregarded. To date, I have received no communication with you as regards ***** ***** I am keen to resolve this issue amicably and as quickly as possible.

Therefore, I demand that you remove them within thirty (30) days from receipt of this letter, or I will be forced to hire a contractor to remove the ivy at your expense

Yours sincerely,

[Your signature]

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you very much.

Please let me know if I can help any further. We are always here to help.

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you so much for your helpful comments. I hope it leads to a successful outcome! Many thanks.
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 14 days ago.