MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I live on a private road and a houuse owner from an adjacent

Customer Question

I live on a private road and a houuse owner from an adjacent road has made an entrance onto my private road. Is this lawful as her garden runs alonside my private road, but she is not a frontager to the private road
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: badshot lea surrey
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none, as we were not informed of her planning this
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: wheelie bins are put out for collection in private road also parking from non residents
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

In that case, yes, Private roads are private property and are not usually open to the public. Unauthorized use of a private road may be trespassing. In some cases, the owner of a private road may permit the general public to use the road. Road regulations that apply to a public road may not apply to private roads.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
they have no rights even if their gardens ans ides of house run along sioe private road

Yes indeed.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.