How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Solicitor4All Your Own Question
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7845
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Solicitor4All is online now

My landlord is still oc, Can a landlord occupy parts of the

This answer was rated:

My landlord is still oc
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: Can a landlord occupy parts of the house you are renting from them
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: There is nothing in the lease to say that they will still use a separate part of the building
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We are a small charity renting a property as supported housing.

A very Good morning to you there, how do you do?

My name is Solicitor4All a law expert with over 15years practice. I will be helping you this morning. Thank you for the inquiry.

First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through Please leave the inquiry with me and i will prepare a response for you here this morning. Thank you.

Thank you for your patience. If the lease does not say there is space in the property that you are renting and paying rent for reserved for the landlord then no they cannot and you could insist on rent reduction if you do not have use for the space or you could treat it as breach of contract in that you have not been given vacant possession so able to claim damages.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am happy to clarify and to guide further if required. All the best.

Solicitor4All and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you