MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
110754241

We had a field Infront of the house the Grand Mare Hotel

Customer Question

We had a field Infront of the house the Grand Mare Hotel Guernsey purchased it for added golfing land but they have done is place 10 trees across the IP side 60foot trees and blocked the sea view, how sick.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (GGMM4V4)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
First trees from field 2 field in front from farmer
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 17 days ago.
Good afternoon thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a practising solicitor with several years experience and I will be assisting you today. Please note that this is a Q and A platform and no lawyer client relationship is created. What is your specific question in relation to the trees?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
They have purchased the field but doing sick they have blocked the view so the cost of the field and the loss of view might be the same

To clarify is your question in relation to the loss of the view?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It just seems spiteful vto get the land with goodwill then completely block the view
Have you spoken to the landowner?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No he just plants this type of tree vthat can grow 12 feet in a year

I understand whilst I appreciate that these trees have grown a substantial amount in the past 12 months there is no right to a view.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I know right to view these trees are the worst or2,nd worst for growth you can get the farmers hàscgrown 20feetvin 20:his 60 in8
I understand however you cannot object to the types of trees that are growing.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Glad to be off assistance we wish you all the best going forwards.