Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

How much would it be to have boundary line corrected,

Customer Question

How much would it be to have boundary line corrected
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: benfleet Essex
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: none, I wanted to find out if I can afford to take this matter to court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: property I bought 2 years ago have obviously incorrect fence line put up, compared to current land registry documents, I don’t think neighbour is aware of this regards
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My email Address on this account was not correct it is***@******.***
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 13 days ago.

A very Good day to you there, how do you do?

My name is Solicitor4All a law expert with over 15years practice. I will be helping you today. Thank you for the inquiry.

First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through Please leave the inquiry with me and i will prepare a response for you here this afternoon. Thank you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, thanks for swift reply, my case is simple, fence line is obviously wrong I haven’t room to get a pram or wheelchair down side of my house
Thank you for your patience. The line that shows on the title plan with the land registry is never evidence of where the line actually lies. So if you are going to apply for the line to be moved from where perhaps the neighbour has the fence you will need a chartered surveyor to actually do a site visit and draw the plan to scale for you. That is what you wild show your neighbour to then get the new plan filed with the land registry as amending the one there already. It won’t cost you much if you are doing it yourself but there is always a cost if you employ a Solicitor or conveyancer.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message I am always glad to assist and to clarify anything. All the best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for reply, and I’d like to ask is there a time limit to it being done where the neighbour has right to keep it the incorrect way? They have only been there for 5 years and I don’t think they are aware of itThank you
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 12 days ago.
You are welcome. You don’t want them to be there for 12 years as they can claim adverse possession.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What if they can prove
By Google images it was done over 12 years ago, does that count? I don’t know date it was done but my parents owned the property before me.

Google maps/images is not evidence you can rely on in litigation

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What would be my
Next move, speaking to solicitor or surveyor?

You are welcome and I would recommend speaking to a solicitor who can then instruct a surveyor for you. Check your home insurance sometimes you will have cover for property disputes and boundary disputes in most cases would be covered.