ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Can entries be made to the title register without the sole

Customer Question

Can entries be made to the title register without the sole owner's consent?
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Somerset England
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am waiting for a downloaded copy of the entry but my solicitor tells me there is an entry by some financial organisation claiming an interest. I am in process of selling this house and I Know nothing of this. No loan or similar has been secured vs the house. I bought it 100% cash.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Don't think so. Bought in 2011.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
How to contest the entry?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. A bank or financial institution can register an interest/charge over the property without your consent. This is usually done by way of an order from the court.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

An order is usually granted in circumstances where for example you would have entered into a loan agreement and defaulted on repayments. The first step therefore is to obtain a copy of your deed to see who registered this charge. If it was wrongfully done you could have it set aside.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

You may obtain a copy of your deed via the below link

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.