james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Can i be evicted if i miss payments? leytonstone, the

can i be evicted if i miss payments ?
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: leytonstone
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the contract has ended a year ago
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we missed 2 weeks payments over a few months period,not in the same month,and now he is telling us that we have to pay more than that
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you

Yes if you miss rent or fall behind in payments the landlord can issue a s.8 notice for possession.

That would seem harsh for just 2 weeks late rent over a period of time, and a court would be less likely to grant the possession for that.

If missed rent or late rent has happened, the you would need to look at your tenancy agreement to see if there is any clause that would allow the landlord to charge a late payment fee.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i know that i was late for 2 payments,but that was not in the same month,and have talked with him about it

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
the rent contract has ended almost a year ago
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
we have no contract at the moment
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
the state of the house is really bad,we have black mould on the walls in the bedroom
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
that he had no action against,alltho we told him about it

The if the fixed agreement has ended and you are still there, then you are in a periodic tenancy. The same conditions of the fixed agreement sill apply.

The mould is a separate matter to late payment of rent.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
how long should the notice be ?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
in case of an eviction ?

They can only use s.8 for late payment / non payment is 2 months is owed which its is not.

So they would need to find another reason or use s.21 which would be a months notice to leave.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.