How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 17087
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

This is a legal question for lawyers to help. My son tricked

This answer was rated:

This is a legal question for lawyers to help. My son tricked me to transfer a property for him to manage it for me when I was living abroad. But he sold it and ran away from me about 5 years now. I moved to England and now struggling to survive with finances. But it is now worse due to the cost of energy and expenses. What can I do since I am now a British Citizen but without benefits as I am now too old to work at 74 years old? I depended on that flat for my livelihood but my son spold it and disappeared and now living in south of England near Guilford. Is there any thing I could do to get reprieve ? I am really confused

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

It is possible to trace him - if you can do that, you could then sue him and bankrupt him if necessary. This way you can get something back - a lot of tracing agencies operate on a no trace no fee basis too. And their fee is low anyway.

I would recommend you start off with that.

Here are a selection of tracing agencies you could approach :





Once you have found him, it would be a case of suing him at that point - if he has the property, you can go after that though it sounds like this would be a high value claim, so it would be as well to as a law firm to help on a no win no fee basis. They should be able to help trace your Son too. They do not charge you up front - only if they successfully recover money (or the property) would they charge a set percentage of your damages. And they pay the court fees too.

Any of these companies may be able to help :




Or if not, you can try a pro bono lawyer (who will not charge you) - or /

Here is another:

I hope this helps

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,


Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,


JimLawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks a lot. That would help me to take up the case

My pleasure, thanks