ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Does the council have to give me an address for a piece of

Customer Question

Does the council have to give me an address for a piece of land they are telling me I couldn't have an address until I got a utility bill I had electric put on now they tell me I carnt have an address until I have a permanent building on the land
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bacup Lancashire I've told them I have animals on there and I need an address for vets buy they still won't give me one even though they cashed my cheque for it more than 2 years ago
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I haven't reported any thing I think its because I have put planning in and they won't put that to the meeting I think they just don't want us there
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't think so
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I paid the fee to get an address but they won't give me one they said I needed a utility bill so whe I got electricity put on I got back intouch and they then said I needed a permanent building on there before I could have an address
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for your patience and enquiry. I am sorry to hear what has happened. Your local authority should be able to provide you with an address. This should be facilitated providing you have a safe and designated area for mail to be delivered. I cannot say therefore what would account for this reluctance on their part to register to the address.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

my recommendation would be to raise this as a formal written complaint to the local authority’s complaints team. There is a designated team that is responsible for complaints. I recommend making a complaint there. If your complaint remains unresolved you may then escalate to the ombudsman responsible for the local authority.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

Here is the ombudsman’s details:

https://www.lgo.org.uk

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

You are welcome