How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4699
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

We have a problem neighbour which appears to be personal. It

Customer Question

We have a problem neighbour which appears to be personal. It is a woman in her 60’s who has taken a dislike to us. We get obscene signs which we have now reported to the police for committing a public order act. She has now refrained from this since her warning but also tells us where to out our vehicles on the drive and objects to a summer blow up pool on our garden and our caravan. So in essence these things do appear to be minor and she has no issues with anyone else in the street. If we were to move home do we have to declare this neighbour as a potential problem and if she does calm down how long do we have to wait to move before it is ok to do so if she refrains from her current behaviour?
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: nuneaton, warwickshire
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we have reported her behaviour to the police and they have basically told her to stop and if she repeats it they would prosecute so we hope this will be the end of the matter
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s it but is there any charge for this service before you connect me?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
We have put up cctv cameras to protect our property and also to monitor our fence she they nailed things to it when we were on holiday which she refuses to take down. The cameras do not impose on them and we are fully aware of the laws around that -so we need to know really if there could be a problem in selling the house before we make any decisions
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Prefer you to email the answe please
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. I am sorry to hear of the issues you have been having with your Neighbour. There is no time restriction with respect to this. The fact that you have had to include an external body such as the police, this must be disclosed.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

You may state however that an issue has not arisen for a particular time period. This will assist in showing that the dispute has been resolved. However, you cannot decide not to include this information unfortunately.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.