How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 32231
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now


Customer Question

Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

May I confirm if you know who has left the car there please?

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

do you have any further information available in respect of the above please?

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

If you have no further information on the above I will be happy to provide a general answer.

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms the position can be dealt with under the provisions of the Torts (interference with goods) act which Act allows you to serve a notice on the owner of the goods that they must be removed within a reasonable period of time which ideally should be 28 days though in certain circumstances can be less than this failing which, they may be sold or disposed of according to their value.

the notice should ideally be served at the address of the owner if known or failing which, if this is not known, can be displayed prominently on the vehicle. Evidence should be retained as regards ***** ***** the notice is posted - e.g. photo which is and subsequently emailed to yourself.

The purpose of the notice and the effect of the above legislation as to give you good title in terms of selling or disposing of the vehicle if the notice is not complied with. Any proceeds of sale should be retained for up to 6 years as these can be claimed by the original owner at any point during this period of time

Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.