james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I want to inquire regarding my case. I am renting privately

Hi there, I want to inquire regarding my case.
I am renting privately and my contract is for 3 years. The flat is in my name and my ex boyfriend. We lived in the flat for a year. We recently broke up and had a messy breakup. I was in an abusive relationship and police are involved. I got a restraining order so he’s not allowed to see me nor live together. He’s not able to takeover of the tenancy as the agent requires him to earn 46K annually. The agent wants me to pay for the whole 3years + tax + penalty. I want to know how I can deal with this case as I didn’t have a choice but to move out due to the incident. If anyone can advise me on this, that will be great.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: E14 3GR
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: None at the moment
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: None
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you James

So to confirm, you have a tenancy agreement in with names, you have moved out due to domestic violence etc, ex cannot afford to pay and landlord is now seeking payment form you is that correct?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (MVZ1L17)

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.