james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I want to find out if a road is private, Barnstaple North

Customer Question

Hi I want to find out if a road is private
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Barnstaple North Devon uk
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i don’t know. There is a sign at the top of the road saying it’s private but I’ve been told it isn’t so I wanted to check
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I don’t think so thx
Expert:  james bruce replied 10 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

If you want to find out whether a road is a private or public road, then you can check this with the highway authority for the area where the road is located. This would be the local council.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you.

your very welcome.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.