Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I was given a section 21 notice by my landlord on 27th

Customer Question

I was given a section 21 notice by my landlord on 27th January which I signed in front of her and it was given me 6 months to move out of her property then she realised she had not bothered to do a gas and safety check on the property in the whole 3 and a half years we have lived here so sent me another section 21 notice in April given me only 8 weeks to get out obviously I’ve not signed the second one can my landlord do this is it legal and can she force me out before the end of July which was the original date I was given to get out of her property
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: I’m in Treharris Merthry Tydfil Cf465rd
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: There has been no maintenance or upkeep of any kind done by the landlord since I moved in November 2018 and there was no gas or safety checks done either over the 3 and a half years I’ve lived here in fact I only saw my landlord twice in the whole time until she decided she wants to sell her property in January and give me the original section 21 notice
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have had constant threats and aggressive from the landlord and her daughter asking me to make sure I’m out of her property by 27th June and she wants me to pay for her a new kitchen because her integrated appliances are not working when they have been in the property for the whole 12 years she has been renting out her property and because she has had the property valuation and it’s not as much as she wanted she is blaming it on me
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 16 days ago.
Good morning, welcome to just answer.

I am solicitor4All and happy to review your question today.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Did you get my question I just went through regarding my section 21

You already have the Notice from January and she cannot seek to shorten it by now serving a shorter notice since the covid transitional arrangements have been uplifted. If you are in England you can refuse to accept the notice in any event and tell her that you will be defending her notice even the one from January on the basis she did not comply with the statutory provisions for issuing you with the certificates.

Yes I did and I was typing the response. Hopefully she protected your deposit and gave you the Government How to Rent Guide, if she did not you may be worth some compensation too,

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am always glad to assist and to clarify anything for you. All the best.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’m actually in Wales so would it be the same rules
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also if she goes down the route to take me to court to get me out of the property how long would this process take before I would be evicted

Thank you for your messages, I am glad we have managed to deal with these already.