How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 32257
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

The bank have a charge on property for a debt I owe this

Customer Question

The bank have a charge on property for a debt I owe this property is now land locked. Had it valued as requested by bank cannot not get a answer off them the value dose not meet the dept have had a offer put it to bank no reply
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: dh6 4 pe near durham
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: have sent bank offer. No reply
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the property is land locked offer from a person who can access the valuer said seen it is land locked its only wort what they offer the offer does not cover the debt the charge has been on for 15 years
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

how may I assist in relation to the above please? Do you have a question in relation to the debt that is owed to the bank?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How can I get bank to reply to me
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How do I get them to reply
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

assuming the bank is a proper authorised bank as I assume is the case, usually, the simplest approach in this regard would be to raise a formal complaint in respect of the above circumstances. This triggers a strict timetable whereby the bank must fully respond to your complaint within eight weeks. If you remain unsatisfied on the earlier of their response or eight weeks, whichever is the sooner, then from there, you can escalate your complaint to the financial ombudsman for independent determination:

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.