How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Solicitor4All Your Own Question
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7837
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Solicitor4All is online now

Can I appeal against.County court judge cost decision On

This answer was rated:

Can I appeal against.County court judge cost decision
On funny way I agree with the claim decision,eveny claim was struck out
But I asked it straight away on county claim,that judge makes decision.
So ,I don't want appeal against the court decision.
I have problem with the cost decision .
If the answer yes , how many day I have ...or I know that 21 days .
But 21 days following the hearing?
Or 21 days after I will get the written decision ?
Good morning, welcome to just answer,

I am solicitor4All and happy to look into your enquiry today for you.

The order will say if there is a right of appeal. If there was no hearing and it was an order made without the parties present then you would almost always be given the right to request a review to be done within 14 days from date of decision. If there was a hearing and you did not manage to challenge the costs application then the appeal if the right was given is 21 days from date of decision,

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am always glad to assist and you clarify anything for you if you return for further input. All the best. 

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That's was an hearing
And same judge did not give the permission
But I can not agree
One more time ...I fully agree his decision about the claim.
I argue about the cost ...

Did you challenge the Costa application by the other side at the hearing?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
was hearing , bot parties were there ...
This also problem .I was there in the very bad health condition
I am disabled and even asked adjourn hearing
My blood oxygen level was 87
I have severe copd
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But I sure that I challenged specifically the cost ..He thought I challenge the decision
But he misunderstood me

I am sorry to hear that. I hope your health is better now .Then you ask for permission to appeal from the county court that heard the matter and if agreed you submit the appeal.

Solicitor4All and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK ,but the judge refused ...
Is there any other ace I can challenge the decision
I checked ....
Judge refused chellange...
He thought I appealed vacause the decision ,that county court does not transfer the claim to the queen's bench ...
But I did not want challenge it
I challenged that I have to pay fees to defendant ....
As we should not have any hearing about it.
Judge pointed my claim form was not good
And he was right ....
I asked the district judge at 08.12.21 make decision without hearing ...
Even the judge pointed it was mistake transfer the case to Central London court ...Money claim should have strike it straight away
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok the only question
Where should I submit appeal ,if I want challenge the cost decision ?
What form I have to use ?
The judge refused the appeal in the hearing room ,but not about the cost !
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry ....what court form do I have to ask it???

I think in your situation to not end up with even more costs if your application is defended and you are unsuccessful, write to the Court asking them to review the decision  and stating your reasons.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But what form ?
N244 ..but the claim closed the end I am happy decision was made ...any
Other was only 1000 pound claim for court order defendant to stop spreading libels ...
Not for money making
I am also disabled years ....
So ,yes I write ...but what court form has to be used ?
Please just the number of the form .regards

Since your application verbally at the hearing was rejected you would be applying to the Court of Appeal. Form 206. Please know the costs risks in continuing with litigation. All the best.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
1-Do you say if I ask the court review the costing in 14/21 days ,it can cost extra cost ?
2- I did not apply on the hearing verbally about the cost
I did applied verbally for forwarding the application to Queens bench ,vacause U waited enough time
Then judge said ,that inwouid nit have any chance there with the e filed non organised ,long N1 form.
My only chance I make new N1form ..shorter and organized
Now ,I accepted it straight away
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the cost was not questioned the hearing verbally .I was sick ...have severe COPD .I just wanted be out soon as possible

It will be less stressful if you issue a new claim and get guidance to do it properly so it is not thrown out again.