Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have a UK lawyer that approached me in regarding with a

i have a UK lawyer that approached me in regarding with a unclaimed will all the documents are signed and stamped .
this dead person has no relative or descendants or next of kin to pass his will as they could not find any for the last 4 years,so they asked me if i am willing to accept his will. all i have to say he was an uncle that doesnt sit right with me ...
i have no idea on how UK laws works and so forth , what should i do ?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in South Africa and this lawyer is a UK lawyer
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have halted the steps up to where i have to fill in a form from Natwest bank stating my claims, and decided to come here 1st
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: yes this lawyer said we can spilt the 50/50 i have no issue with that but again id rather iron this out then to run in to trouble

This sounds like a scam to me, what is the name of this supposed solicitor and/or their firm?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (T1G652P)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
unfortunately i cant take calls right now as i am working in a call center, this will have to do for now. i have uploaded this lawyers card, like i said i have no reference to UK lawyers , if this card is a fake then ill know what to do

Ok yes that is fake. We do not have lawyer cards like that. We also do not call ourselves attorney in the UK, we are either solicitors or barristers. The address appears to be wrong as it is an address for Kensington but appears to be Kennington on the address. It is a staff ID card with a fingerprint on it but that is not how that works because you could not match fingerprints like that you would need to take a fresh print each time and even then you would need a DNA database which you would not have for a law firm. There is also no solicitor by that name authorised to practice in England and Wales. In short it is a fake. Not to mention real lawyers do not suggest they will take 50% of an inheritance. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
this is perfect thank you so much, I knew something was up but I wasn't sure, and opted to rather find out then get in huge trouble

Happy to help, take care