How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4309
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

My mother made a will trust for my father and I for our

Customer Question

My mother made a will trust for my father and I for our property in 3 flats He has an interest in possession where he could live in his flat and receive the rents fro
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: the other two but he had mental health problems and deliberately let the property run down and left the property 10 years ago and remarried and left me to run things. I have had to do extensive work and now he has dementia and wife put him in home. Can I go to COP and have him removed as I am the sole beneficiary of the property and only one who can appoint trustees . If he is removed will trust be dissolved. The will stated when he died I inherit outright and trust dissolved. Because he was unhappy about will he made my cousin his power of attorney . So where do I stand and the best action for me as I do the yearly accounts I. His name and he would sign his tax return.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: What kind of evidence do you mean ? I have copy of will
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am concerned the local authorities will try to come after the rents as I need them to run the property there is still work to be done .
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Property is in Torquay Devon UK
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Pics of will
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Will 2
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Will 3
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Will 4
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Will 5
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
History 1
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
History 2
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
History 3
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Letter appointing me manager
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
please cancel the question
Expert:  RJM Law replied 13 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thankyou I look forward to your advice
Expert:  RJM Law replied 12 days ago.

Thank you I am just looking through this for you now.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 12 days ago.

This is possible yes, but there may be difficulties in doing so as he does not have the ability to consent, therefore you would need to do this via someone who has his power of attorney, if that is not the case, you could approach the court and once he is removed, you can dissolve the trust, however, you will need to show this is in the best interest of all parties as he cannot consent.  However, if he has a power of attorney, they can act legally on his behalf.  

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please close and delete this question and photos ty
Expert:  RJM Law replied 11 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** is not something I am able to do I can only provide answers, however if you contact  the Just Answer administration team they should be able to do this for you.  I wish you all the best.