How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Solicitor4All Your Own Question
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 8199
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Solicitor4All is online now

I am looking to purchase a property with 9 flats let on AST

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am looking to purchase a property with 9 flats let on AST ,i was wanting to either remove the tenants individually or en-masse so i could redevelop p the building ,the issue is some of tenants have been in their flast fora long time so would this be wortkable ? ThaNKS
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: Leeds UK
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Can you clarify what you mean ?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i can explain further once they can get in touch ,i have a large ,legal pack which they can review if we can agree a fee.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 8 days ago.

A very good day to you there, how do you do? It is my pleasure to assist you today.

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 8 days ago.

 My name is ***** ***** law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the enquiry.

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 8 days ago.

Before I can provide you advice on your question, there are a few things to note:

  • I will endeavour to respond to your enquiry very quickly, but if you do not receive my response immediately, do not worry I will not have forgotten, I would either be reviewing your question fully or it could be a technical delay on my end. Please know that I will be with you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 8 days ago.

I hear what you're saying. It's totally natural that you would feel this way.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 8 days ago.
As long as they are ASTs and none are less than 4 months old you can issue section 21 notices on the grounds you want the property to redevelop. You should plan that some will not take notice and will not leave so have a budget for possession proceedings.
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 8 days ago.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** i want you to come back by clicking Solicitor4All should you need any further guidance. In the meantime, you can save me as a favourite for quicker connection in future. Any follow up please do not hesitate to return to us and I will be happy to respond.