AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

My mother bought a brand new mobile home from the

Customer Question

Good afternoon.
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My mother bought a brand new mobile home from the manufacturer 5 years ago, she had the home sited
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Rugby
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes.She has major defects of the property relating to sub standard materials being used when manufactured. She has been in touch with the insurers who underwrite the warranty and have told her, that they are not liable. The manufacturer has said it’s not there fault even though they have used sub standard materials on the property.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My mum has had to spend £7000 on repairs on a 4 year old property, that should never need that amount of money spent on. She has 2 engineers reports relating to the property attaining to the sub standard materials used when manufactured
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
At the moment , this is all the evidence and advice I can give. All we want to know, is whether the manufacturer is to blame, as they are saying there is nothing they can do and they are not to blame, even with sub standard materials used and 2 engineers report to prove that sub standard and incorrect use of materials used on the home. Also if she has a strong case to take the company to court for remedial works to be compensated for by the manufacturer called Tingdene homes in Wellingborough…?

Do you have a copy of their contract when the mobile home was purchased?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I believe my mother has everything regarding to when she purchased the home.

You can send a copy of the contract or agreement so I can review and advise accordingly.

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 7 days ago.

Can you send a copy of the contract or agreement so I can review and advise accordingly?

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 6 days ago.

Rule number one: going to court is your last resort. It will cost you a lot of time and money, and the outcome is very often uncertain.

Begin by putting your complaint to the seller, in writing. Set out in detail what is wrong and why they should compensate you. Give the seller enough time to respond, and the chance to investigate your complaint. Don’t be put off by a seller who says that the manufacturer or supplier is to blame: if selling that product is their usual business, they are responsible for any defects.

On 31 March 2003, a European directive came into force which improved your rights. On that date, the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 updated the Sale of Goods Act 1979 so that the seller now has to repair or replace your product if it is defective.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.