Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I have a problem question I'm trying to tackle. A has

Customer Question

Hi, i have a problem question I'm trying to tackle. A has inherited a large estate with one single large dwelling and she develops the land by dividing it into four lots and builds townhouses on them, with a communal courtyard, She intends to stay in the original dwelling for the rest of her life and sell off the other three lots. she has promised to sell one of the townhouses to her friend and has received interests in the other two. To increase the sale price of the 2 rear lots she wants to ensure access by foot to the streetfront cutting across her lot and the lot she's promised her friend. What should she do ? i understand that she requires is an easement but i am not sure how the division of land and her intention to occupy the land affects her rights to impose this easement on her friend ?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: i haven't taken any steps yet
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Cliftonville Belfast
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I think thats everything
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It’s okay waiting thank you !
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 13 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm has she sold the property to her friend?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No not yet
Hi, thank you for your message. You will need to complete the ap1 form and id1 form and send them to the land registry with the fee. You can read more here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/easements/practice-guide-62-easements#easements-and-registration-general-points
I hope this helps. Best wishes
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you !
Hi, no problem. Do not hesitate to contact me again should you have further questions. Best wishes