AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

Will I need to pay for structural engineer or will home

Customer Question

Will I need to pay for structural engineer or will home insurance pay for it?
JA: What specific appliance or part are you working with?
Customer: Our extension has 'come away' from the main building causing a large crack.
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 6 weeks. Not tried anything other than getting hold of the original builder. He doesn’t seem keen to get involved.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure if I need to get hold of a structural engineer or if the home insurance company will want to do that themselves?
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

In the first instance report it to the insurance company and request that they send an assessor to inspect and ask  them to indemnify any costs.

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 7 days ago.

I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.