How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlisonSolicitor Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 307
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
AlisonSolicitor is online now

Will I need to pay for structural engineer or will home

Customer Question

Will I need to pay for structural engineer or will home insurance pay for it?
JA: What specific appliance or part are you working with?
Customer: Our extension has 'come away' from the main building causing a large crack.
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 6 weeks. Not tried anything other than getting hold of the original builder. He doesn’t seem keen to get involved.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure if I need to get hold of a structural engineer or if the home insurance company will want to do that themselves?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 8 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 8 days ago.

In the first instance report it to the insurance company and request that they send an assessor to inspect and ask  them to indemnify any costs.

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 7 days ago.

I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.