How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4309
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I need some building work advice for home improvements. I

Customer Question

Hello,I need some building work advice for home improvements. I would like to add a large shoe & coat cupboard that can be accessed through my hallway and I wamted to know if I would need planning permission or not?It would involve adding some walls and a entrance door from hallway, the walls will make another room smaller either the study/bedroom or Utility.I will add a floorplan guide for you to see if it explains it better Ive made two boxes in pink where it could go like I said making a room in the utility or study/bedroom with a door acxes into hallway.Let me know what I would need to do to be able to do this with planninh permission etc. Or Just get a builder inThanks
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (3QV514V)
Expert:  RJM Law replied 13 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you by the end of the evening.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist ifi in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 12 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** think you need permission for this as planning permission is not usually needed for internal works, however you will want to provide your plans to the local authority planning board just to confirm this is not required.  They should hopefully confirm this will not be needed.   

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you do you have any idea on how long it may take for the works to be completed?
Expert:  RJM Law replied 12 days ago.

I don't I am sorry its not something I could guess, however the contractor or neighbour  would be able to advise on this.