How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7881
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I put a fence inside the boundary. My new neightbour has put

Customer Question

i put a fence inside the boundary. My new neightbour has put lamps, and painted it covering the woodwork on my side after I painted it. It is a mess on my side. Can I tell them to stop?
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Englad Bristol
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I reported it to the police but take no action. I was irate with her she flicked more paint on my wall, conservatory and garden brickwork after first altercation.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I have invoice for fence(erected 2009) and pictures to prove not on their land. She tole them that I only put it up with permission of her brother who use to own the property about 3 years ago. It was put up Sept 2009 I can prove.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 6 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can tell them to desist from painting it? It is featheredge and she opened the slats and sprayed the fence 2 days after I painted it. She did the same thing last year. I did not do anything I did not want to cause a raucous.
Expert:  james bruce replied 6 days ago.

If after speaking with them they deliberately put paint on the walls and conservatory then that is criminal damage and you can report that to the police .

Yes you can tell her to stop and sue is committing damage to your property.

Send them an official “ cease and desist letter” This demands they stop their harassment and damage to your property, put right any damage cUsed by them and to stop any further harassment, failure to do so would result in legal action against t(em.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Would this be done by a solicitor, so it is official?
Expert:  james bruce replied 6 days ago.

You can certainly have a solicitor do this Or you can send the letter yourself.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** get an solicitor it will take the heat off me.
Expert:  james bruce replied 6 days ago.

It is best coming from a solicitor on headed paper.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Expert:  james bruce replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.