How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2691
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

I was/am a secure tenant and was transferred to a periodic

Customer Question

I was/am a secure tenant and was transferred to a periodic housing trust tenancy by the council and want my wntitlements back, my former council property or money in lieu of right to buy. The trust evicted me starting proceedings straight away because the council refused housing benefit. They used gr 8 of rhe 1988 Act not any grounds in scedule to 1985 act. Ease provide the sections and acts I can issue proceedings under. The family is homeless and finding it difficult to deal with this in the circumstances
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 6 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm what steps have you taken so far?
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 5 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Without an answer to my question I can only give a general answer. Unfortunately you will need to take them to court if you cannot agree. You should instruct a solicitor in your area to represent you. Best wishes