Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I was/am a secure tenant and was transferred to a periodic

Customer Question

I was/am a secure tenant and was transferred to a periodic housing trust tenancy by the council and want my wntitlements back, my former council property or money in lieu of right to buy. The trust evicted me starting proceedings straight away because the council refused housing benefit. They used gr 8 of rhe 1988 Act not any grounds in scedule to 1985 act. Ease provide the sections and acts I can issue proceedings under. The family is homeless and finding it difficult to deal with this in the circumstances
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 6 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm what steps have you taken so far?
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 5 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Without an answer to my question I can only give a general answer. Unfortunately you will need to take them to court if you cannot agree. You should instruct a solicitor in your area to represent you. Best wishes