Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

We renting a unit for business purposes, since 07 2018,

Customer Question

Hello we renting a unit for business purposes, since 07 2018
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: Agreement was signed for 3 years let say for 930 pounds. In May 2022 Council emailed us we need to renew agreement with increased price. Which we agreed, but now its looks like we need to backdate payments to 07.2021 when new lease started
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Norfolk thetford
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thank you
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 days ago.

You should not have to backdate the increased rent unless the agreement you signed was to allow backdating. I trust this assists