Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

If someone dies in intestate is it irrevocable. Three

Customer Question

If someone dies in intestate is it irrevocable . Three children had equal shares now the trustee also a beneficiary has put the money into bonds in her own name and says she doesn’t have to give what was the minor beneficiary anything at all . How could she do that ?
JA: Estate laws vary by location. Where are you located?
Customer: Uk
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Paperwork regarding the sale of the house and named beneficiaries, with the solicitors. The trustee thought they had been destroyed . However I paid 600 pound to have them retrieved from the archive . Can the trustee refuse to pay her her inheritance?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: 0nly that the trustee says there was never a trust and she put the money into bonds in her own name so she doesn’t have to give her anything .
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.

Yes intestacy is irrevocable because it means someone died without a Will they cannot make a Will once dead. Regarding the situation it seems to me you need a probate litigation solicitor to look at what has happened in terms of the estate and go from there. I recommend the following: https://www.kbl.co.uk/personal/litigation-disputes/probate-litigation/

I trust this assists

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have done this , however the trustee moved address and the solicitor cannot send a letter because she left no forwarding address . Not sure of how to go about finding her new address
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 9 days ago.

You would have to hire a private detective to find her I am afraid. In the alternative you could engage a trust lawyer to apply to the court to add a new trustee and remove the existing trustee(s). I trust this assists