Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

We purchased a property in 2020 with a private shared

Customer Question

We purchased a property in 2020 with a private shared driveway, we said the state of the drive way was a concern to us (very unlevel- had not been laid properly
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Pearl
Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
Welcome! How can I help with your legal question?
You
We purchased a property in 2020 with a private shared driveway, we said the state of the drive way was a concern to us (very unlevel- had not been laid properly. Our soliciror obtained an email from the seller through their solicitor to say the road would be relaid once gas works were complete, we have contacted the devlopers and they say they wont and that we need to maintain it which we agree but not in its current state ive contacted the seller and he assures me he recieved the email from the contractor but cant find the original
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We are in York
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Our neighbour agrees with us as he was part of the original developement he sold some of his land and our seller sold part of theirs to build 2 new dwellings. The road/drive has never been laid professionally and we feel the developers are responosible for that
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
We want to know would we be able to take legal action
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Would this email that was sent to us through our solicitor when purchasing the property be enough
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 6 days ago.

Yes you can bring a claim for breach of contract against the seller. 

If you want to bring a legal case you should complete a claim form using form N1 here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7

Once done send it to your nearest county court: https://www.gov.uk/find-court-tribunal

You will need to contact them and pay the issue fee. I trust this assists