james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I want to rent a house which Was listed on website called

Customer Question

Hello , I want to rent a house which Was listed on website called open rent. However, the landlord wants me sign the tenancy agreement not via open rent website. They going to send me a tenancy agreement via email . Is that legal ?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: Manchester
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what do you mean?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  james bruce replied 10 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Sorry for delay

Yes, it is legal for a landlord to arrange a tenancy agreement directly with a tenant. He may choose to do that to avoid him paying the agency a fee,

The important matter is the actual tenancy agreement between you and the landlord.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you, that’s very useful. So I can sign a tenancy agreement via email between me and the landlord. This document will be legal and can be used as a proof of address .

Yes, a tenancy agreement between you and landlord is legally binding.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.