Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Looking for a conveyancing solicitor for advice on a legal

Customer Question

looking for a conveyancing solicitor for advice on a legal document for a second charge mortgage
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am getting a second charge mortgage on my property. Its been approved and I am looking for someone to look through the legal documents
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** you for the question.

It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I have been in the legal profession, in High Street practice, for almost 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Although I am shown as online, I may be dealing with other people, on the telephone, or typing.

Please be assured that you will receive an email once I have written a reply.

Just Answer is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board and therefore sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes it may be longer, even hours or overnight.

I apologise in advance if you suffer a delay.

Kind regards.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 days ago.

What is the issue here please?

who is charge from and why?

are you the sole owner of property?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
HI Stuart, nice to meet you.
I am getting a second charge mortgage on my property and i have completed most of the work with the lender. Now they sent me a legal document to sign and has advice me to take legal advice before doing that. Can you go through the legal document for the second charge mortgage and advice me on that?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am the sold owner of the property
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
sole*
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 days ago.

I can go through the document for you depending on what is needed there would be an extra charge. It’s beyond the scope of what we do so we deal with that as a premium service. Optional extra.

However if the lender requires a certificate that legal advice has been given, you’re going to have to see a high street solicitor. We can’t give that certificate for you.

So is the lender requiring a certificate or they just told you to go and get it but they’re not bothered as long as you go off on your own and get it.?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
hi, no they require that . i just need legal advice for my self honestly. How much will you charge for that?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
does it depend on the size of the document?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 days ago.

If you can attach the document, I can tell you how long it’s going to take me to go through it. I charge my time at GBP125 per hour and it’s probably not going to take much longer than 20 minutes but I need to see it first. It depends really on the size of the document just runs to 14 pages, then it needs 10 minutes per page

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
hi i have attached the legal document its 14 pages long
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
can you send me the price first. thanks
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 days ago.

Thank you. Last two pages are not important so it’s actually a 12 page document. Even allowing five minutes per page is going to take me an hour.

There may be nothing to note on each page and indeed there may be nothing wrong with the whole document but nonetheless, it is necessary to read it in detail.

I spotted one thing straight away and that is that under 13.1 you are two months in arrears, they can require the whole debt to be repaid immediately. I will submit a premium services proposal for one hour of my time to read it in detail and to report back to you with anything of concern.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
ok thanks i will make the payment when i get the proposal
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 days ago.

You have the proposal now.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
sorry i am new to this site. where can i find the proposal?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 days ago.

I’m sorry I don’t know, the pages which I see are different than yours. You may have other notification email or it may be somewhere else on the site.

You can contact customer services because they are very helpful.

They can be contacted in a variety of ways including telephone, email and chat via the links below or on the telephone number below.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

*****@******.***

there is also a telephone number: 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I am certain that Customer Services will be able to resolve things for you.

Stuart

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
i can see it now and i have accepted the offer
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
its showing as paid
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
let me know if i need to do anything else
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thanks
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 days ago.

I’m going to read the document in detail now and I will get back to you before the end of the day

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 days ago.

I need your email address please you should see a box where you could let me have it. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
i cant find it but you can email me on -***@******.***
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 days ago.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Stuart, i got your email. went though it but i have a few questions. Is it possible to call you to discuss and how much do you charge?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 days ago.

You can have the telephone call as part of the review. You have my number now

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 days ago.

Hello again.

If you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete for now, but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months.

I’m glad that I was able to help.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

Stuart