RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I need advice on a caveat that has been put in place on my

Hi. I need advice on a caveat that has been put in place on my late mum's estate
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Leicester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing at the.moment. my brother put the caveat on about 8 weeks ago but he's diputibg the validity of my mum's will
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have given his solicitor everything ie will, attendance notes and letter from my mum explaining why she reduced his share

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Do you have a copy of this?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

could you upload this for me please.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The will?

Yes with the caveat please.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (M53L464)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don't have a copy of the caveat. I've just been told via a solicitor letter
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Solicitor letter
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Letter from mum saying why she had left my brother less
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Latest letter I've received from solicitor
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This is what I've sent back after receiving 2nd letter

Can you tell me what the question is specifically please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Based on what is written in the will, does my brother have any grounds yo keep the caveat in place? I'm thinking of sending a warning letter to get the caveat removed

The caveat can remain in place until such time as the estate dispute is resolved.  You will want to put your position together and provide evidence such as medical information etc to show the position they are coming from is invalid.  If you do not wish to agree (which you are under no legal obligation to do) then the matter may require to go to court for a determination.  You can apply to have the caveat removed, but this would be unlikely until such times as the dispute is resolved.  

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

https://www.lawsoc-ni.org/solicitors (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your help

You are welcome and I hope you mange to get this matter resolved.