james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

If a joint house owner demands an early sale and closure of

If a joint house owner demands an early sale and closure of the mortgage and the other person does not want to sell the property. If an agreement to sell took place or a court forced the sale of the property would the person demanding the sale be liable for the early closure and legal fees? As surely it would be unfair on the other person with no breach of agreement on the house to have to front the fees when they are forced into the sale of the house.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

A very fair question to ask, unfortunately it would be a matter either for the parties to agree on unless the court specified that, otherwise it would be a shared cost.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.