Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert

looking remote control rdr-hxd890 specifically

looking for Sony remote control rdr-hxd890 specifically
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of the remote supplied with recorder, it would start like RM-xxx etc?
This info will help to assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here you go:
Rusty, Engineer
Experience: Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
Thanks for remote model number info.
As per related service manual RDR-HXD890, you should have different model remote control, it is RMT-D251P (part number 1-480-698-11) which is available at following ebay link, please check for price info...
Please check following link to download part list of RDR-HXD890 pdf file and check page 25 for remote model number and part number info...
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.