Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years in the business and still at it everyday

I have a toshiba 40BV701B tv and the sound doesn't work

Hi. I have a toshiba 40BV701B tv and the sound doesn't work but the picture is fine. Any suggestions?
Hi , I`m Jack Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jack
Hello What is connected to this tv ?Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Satellite box, DVD player, and an android tv box
O.k and did you lose the sound on all of them or only the satellite ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no sound on all of them
O.k then you have a main board problem .Can you give me a few minutes on this ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry this took a while ,was looking for a possible main board replacement for this tv and the way I see it , considering the cost of replacement and non availability ,your best choice would be to use a work around like a sound bar or mall sound system for example .On your tv ,although there is no sound out of its own speakers , there will be sound out of it COAX OUT .That is the connector next to SubW OUTWhat you would need in this case is a soundbar that takes the coaxial/digital audio input .Most of them now do take the digital input and I`m sure that places like curry`s do have them in stock for less than 60 pounds .Beside fixing this problem , this would give you a better sound than original with the TV's own speakers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the sound bar the only option to fix the problem? Do you think the main board is broken beyond repair?
These main board do not get repaired , they get replaced , this is not like the old days where you would replace components , you cannot get individual parts any longer .This is now the board swapping age and you would be talking about some 150 to 200 pounds to have this repaired by a shop
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow! What type of sound bar would be suitable for this to then?
Any sound bar that has a coaxial digital input will do .There are quite a few models starting at around 50 pounds and up .Currys and other stereo stores now have quite a selection , those sound bars are ever more popular now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thanks for your help
If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions or need help setting up your sound bar . Thank you and happy holidays
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jack. Will the Goodmans 45W Slim Soundbar, Aux-in and RCA Output work??
Sorry , was out when you repliedThat sound bar would work but only if the headset jack on your tv is still active , that cannot be verified from where i`m sitting .Do you happen to have a small seet of headphones like what is used for ipeds ipads etc, with the 3,5 mm plug ?If so give it a try and if there is sound there then that soundbar will do but it will not do for the digital coaxial , it is analog only