info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

I have a DVD Recorder DMR-ES15EB/EBL and the message U61

I have a DVD Recorder DMR-ES15EB/EBL and the message U61 appears. The manual says that the unit is carrying out its recovery process and I follow the on-screen instructions but the process does not complete. U61 reappears and I can do nothing with the unit. Please help. Thanks

Welcome

Have you rebooted the machine please?

Anthony

What I mean by that is unplug from the wall wait 5 mins replug back in again

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony,
Just got back home and have tried the reboot, but no luck. Where do we go from here please?
Trevor

Welcome

On the unit itself you need to hold down the open close button\channel up\record buttons at the same time for 5 seconds you should get SERV in the window then press 9 followed by 9 again the unit should reset and hopefully U61 has gone let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony.
I went through the process you suggest and eventually I get CLR (which I suppose means "clear") in the window, but whenever I try to start the play operation I can hear the machine trying to go through the recovery process and eventually it fails and I get the U61 message. Regards. Trevor

Trevor in that case the problem you have is bad connections on the micro-controllers taht control the machines mechanics, its a well known issue and if that service reset does not fix then you will need the soldering job done, i am not referring to a normal soldering iron but a flow soldering iron to go over the chips in which case you would need to get it into a panasonic service agent I was aware they were charging £40 if you brought it in (that was about 2 years ago)

Sorry for unremarkable news here

Let me know if I can do anything else , a positive rating is appreciated (stars at top of page) thank you

Anthony