Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

My Panasonic DMR-EX773EB is not allowing me to record

My Panasonic DMR-EX773EB is not allowing me to record programmes. When I press the guide button there are no programmes showing on the TV guide landscape. I have tried the Set Up system and it scrolls thru props 21 to 68 but does not show any programmes being recognised. Any advise. Regards ***** *****

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Was this working before, or are you setting it up for the first time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had recorder for four years with no problems. It has only been playing up.

I'm sorry to hear that. Let's first reset the unit. Digital electronics can freeze, and since you have a digital tuner, there is a likelihood that it's just stuck.

When this unit is turned on and stopped.

1 Press [ OPEN/CLOSE] to open the disc tray.

2 Press [DRIVE SELECT] to select the DVD drive.

3 Press and hold [REC] and (PLAY) on the main unit for about 5 seconds.

Be sure to use the buttons on the front of the unit, not on the remote. Tell me how it works.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi tried your instructions but when I go to guide on the remote the landscape is still blank. Anything else to try or could it be internal to the recorder.

The reset is to clear the digital processor of any error. If the reset doesn't work, that means there is a problem with the digital tuner, or there may be a problem with the broadcast. Give it a day or so, see if it clears up.

If you find that it doesn't come back, your other option is to connect a Sky box to the input, set Sky to the channel you wish to record, and set the timer on the recorder for the time that you want it to start. I know that's not ideal, but if your tuner is out, that's about all you can do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will try again, but I do not subscribe to sky so don't have that option. The unit is four years old, so I can expect problems.