Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Trying to connect the viera 43" to a wireless router cant

Trying to connect the viera 43" to a wireless router cant get into settings have tried ethernet

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

What settings are you trying to get into?

Are you getting an error message?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. The TV is on, the aerial connected. Router right next to it. Gone into menu, where does HE go next?

Are you in the wireless connection menu?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We can't seem to move from wired aerials connected

Are you setting up the TV for the first time?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

OK, first you need to connect the aerial and go through the initial setup installation, then you can press the menu button on the remote control and access the network settings to connect to a wireless network.

If you have difficulty with this, please let me know what menu options you see there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK

Let me know how it goes...

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not been able to do it yet both working will get to it tomorrow. Will let you know.

Ok, looking forward to hearing from you then!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I did send a reply to you,we r on the case today. Been working very hard.
Ok thanks for the update!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We've got network /Internet settings on menu. It's says wired device / not connected. Or disabled
  1. Make sure that there are no HDD devices connected to one of the USB ports on the Viera television. If one is connected, then disconnect this unit as it will continue to cause the issue of losing the internet connection.
  2. Unplug the AC power cord on the router and plug it back in.
  3. Go to your router menu on your computer, then select the router security settings to WPA or WPA2.
  4. Select WPA2 Personal (not Public). Once you have saved the changed settings, write down the new encryption key provided to you by the router. Please record it exactly the way it is written as it is case sensitive.
  5. Do a hard reset of the TV. Note: we recommend that you go through all of the User Settings in your set and write down the Picture/Audio settings in each Picture Mode that may have been manually adjusted so you can change them back to these after the set has been reset to factory defaults. These settings are all adjustable by the User. Doing a hard reset of the TV will not change anything that has been adjusted in the Service Menu (done by Servicer or Calibrator, not end-user settings) of your set.
  6. To perform a hard reset, push and hold simultaneously [Volume Down] on the TV itself and [Menu] on the remote until it says "Self Check" on the TV display.
  7. [Power] on the TV
  8. Once it shuts down turn the TV on and go through the first time set up.
  9. It the first time set up select "Wireless" and then select "Search for Wireless Networks."
  10. Once your network name is ***** ***** it with the up or down arrow and push [OK].
  11. Enter you network security Key exactly as indicated in your router setting when you set it up to WPA/WPA2. Note: passwords are case sensitive.
  12. Once you have entered it push [OK]. The TV will now perform a connection test. Once it has gone through select your date and time and go down to next and push [OK].
  13. "Please enjoy your Viera TV" will display, select [OK].
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Shouldn't have to do all this surely? Putting the channels on order last last and deleting the 500 we don't need ( yep he's not a technology buff) I wonder. The aerial from the dish is in the sky box and that's connected to TV with the hdms lead? Surely the main lead shud be connected to TV? Not that I know

These steps are all necessary to help resolve the glitch.

Let me know if they work, or if you have difficulty with any step?