Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I have a PANASONIC VIDEO RECORDER, No DMR-EX98VEB. IT WILL

I have a PANASONIC VIDEO RECORDER,
No DMR-EX98VEB.
IT WILL NOT EJECT THE VIDEO AND DISPLAYS
ERROR CODE F09 ON THE SCREEN.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a video that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Nathan

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
THANK YOU NATHAN.
I UNPLUGED THE POWER FOR ONE HOUR, AS YOU SUGGESTED.
WHEN I TURNED IT ON I WAS ABLE TO EJECT THE VIDEO.
IT IS NOW WORKING OK.
PETER.

Great, glad that did the trick for you, Peter.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan