Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My DMR-EX86EB DVD Recorder seems tohave lost all BBC

My DMR-EX86EB DVD Recorder seems tohave lost all BBC programmes. Using the 'Guide' button, all the possible Freeview emissions are shown except any BBC. The first programme is 3 ITV and so on, BBCs 1 and 2 omitted.
Any suggestions?Roy

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have tried this but no change - still no BBC programmes listed.Roy

Thanks Roy

I want you to do a full reset of the unit, to do this, go to Settings, System Settings, Initialize and choose to return to Shipping conditions.

Set it up again and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry - need to be a bit more basic. How do I get into settings

another way is open the front flap and hold the two channel buttons for 7 seconds then release to reset it

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Eureka! All now in order. Many thanksRoy