Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Sharp Video Player/Recorder Model NoMH705 HM.It has

I have a Sharp Video Player/Recorder Model NoMH705 HM.It has a 3 pin port on the front of the player and a 2 pin port in the back of the player. plus 2 scart lead ports.
I currently had a new TV which has only a 3 pin port for connecting ( no scart ports)
I cannot produce a picture by simply connecting the two 3 pin ports. Is there a conversion kit that I can connect to the video to produce a picture from the many video tapes I have collected.please.?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please give me an E mail answer,I am hard of hearing and would rather a written E mail reply. Thankyou.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I asked the question at 11.30 am today, when am I likely to see a reply please?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please note I have decided I do not need membership of Just Answer so can you cancel my initial interest in this deal..
I am still interested in the answer to my original question be it negative or positive so that I can make a decision on what comes next for me Thankyou.

Yes you can use a Scart-to-AV converter:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Component-Composite-Switchable-Connector/dp/B075MJ6KRK/

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thankyou Pete for your reply have only just viewed it I have been out all the morning today.Obviously I have to buy the relevant converter from Amazon and use the converter into the TV 3 Pin slot and connect with the scart into the player and select the relevant AV in the TV.. Can only rate your service when I actually get the product which could take at least a few days.and effect its application hopefully with success. Will come back to you in due course. Thanks again. ROGER

Ok Roger, thanks for getting back to me.

You can still reply back to me at any time if necessary, even after rating my service.

You may also be able to get one of these converters from a local TV shop or electronics store.

Pete.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Regretably there is no local store where I can get this converter,I have gone to Amazon and I hope I have got the correct adaptor there is a variety of gear listed.Delivery shown as Saturday 31 st march. I will be in touch,if it works you will get your £15. The nearest store is in Swansea.

Ok, let me know how it works out!

Pete.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Wednesday 28th.
Peter, You will note in my comments previously that I am not interested in taking out the membership of Just Answer as suggested by ***** ***** CEO due to be taken up on 1/4/2018.It is highly unlikely that I will ever need any further services on offer.I have tried to send him an E mail but I cannot get it through to him.
Thankyou ,will be in touch soon.. Roger

Hi Roger, that is ok, you can ignore any automated messages that may pop up in the meantime - they are sent automatically by the site.

Pete.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Friday 3.30 pm
I have received the scart device with a 3 pin yellow/white/red ports.and connected my lead with the 3 pins both ends to it.I have connected the scart to the video port and connected my 3 pin lead.to it and then the other end of the 3 pin lead to the TV ports
and selected the relevent AV port on the TV.. I regret to say that having switched on the video nothing is playing through the TV.I ask myself have I got the correct device because I gave Amazon the exact detail you gave me,can you elaborate exactly what it looks like because it seems I will have to return what they sent me..
Strangely enough I have a DVD Player which works perfectly by simply connecting the 3 pin lead directly to the Player and to the TV and selecting the AV. I do not expect to hear anything from you until we are over the Easter break. ROGER
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Peter,
I have finally got the correct device in terms of my video,I had to go to a Sony TVstore in Swansea and they were able to sort it.
Thankyou for your advice.Everything ok now.

Glad to hear all is well!

Have a great day.

Pete.